Setting key performance indicators (KPIs)
Key performance indicators have to be set for a quantitative analysis. The indicators can be set for task execution probabilities and frequency. They also inform about cost and execution time.
Diagrams have to be structurally and semantically correct to create a quantitative analysis. SAP Signavio Process Manager provides tools that allow you to check the corresponding properties of process diagrams.
KPIs can be set for each element in the Attributes section on the right in the Editor. Select an element, then click the two arrows above Attributes to extend the section on the right. The KPI values for the corresponding analyses are set under Cost and Resource Analysis and More Attributes. Simply click the corresponding headlines to expand the KPI settings. When you are finished setting the KPI values for one element, simply click the next element in the central section and add the corresponding values on the right. When you are finished adding the necessary values to all elements, you can click the arrows on the left of the grey 'Attributes' header to close the Attributes menu and proceed with the calculation.
The following attributes are key values for the process cost and resource consumption analyses:
- Frequency (per year): Start Event
- Denotes how often a process is started via this entry point. Multiple start events that represent alternative entry points for the process are allowed.
- e.g. "1000"
- Execution (minutes): Task (BPMN), Function (EPC)
- Denotes how long it takes on average to complete the task. This value is required for a resource consumption analysis.
- e.g. "2.5"
- Execution costs (currency): Task (BPMN), Function (EPC)
- Denotes the costs that come up during the activity. This key value is required for a process cost analysis.
- e.g. "5"
- Probability: Sequence Flow
- Denotes the probability for choosing this sequence flow after a decision gateway/XOR-connector. This is supposed to be a value between 0 and 1.
- e.g. "0.2"
'20%' has to be denoted as '0.2'.s
- Cost center: Task (BPMN), Function (EPC)
- This is an optional value and represents the cost center for the activity costs.
- e.g. "KS 1008"
- Apply in calculation: All elements
- Uncheck to exclude an element from the analysis.
- "yes" / "no"
Floating point numbers are accepted either in the form of "2.5" or "2,5" but will be automatically converted to the notation of "2,5".
After setting the KPI, you can trigger a check for completeness to ensure that all required values are present for analysis.
Click the toolbar and select Cost and resource analysis check.
This check might take several seconds.
Some elements may now be marked with one of the following icons:
- The white exclamation mark on orange denotes that key values are missing for an element. It is also attached to elements that will be ignored during an analysis, as it is not logically contained in those measurements. (For example, a sending intermediate message event will be ignored during an analysis.)
This does not interfere with the analysis calculation, but some of the calculations may not be able to run properly due to missing data.
- The white exclamation mark on red denotes a heavy structural or logical mistake. Additionally, some modeling elements preventing an analysis are marked with this symbol--for example, a complex gateway cannot be included in a process analysis.
- This sign marks that an element interferes with the analysis calculation.
- Hover over one of these symbols to get more details about the problem that occurred.
An analysis calculation can be triggered only after all severe mistakes (indicated in red) have been removed.
After removing them, switch to the Explorer.
Is this page helpful?
Do you have feedback for this page?