With the diagram and revision comparison tool you can track changes to revisions made to your diagrams. In addition to the Explorer Comparison view, here you can do the following:
- Compare two revisions of the same diagram side by side with revisions such as additions, edits, and deletions.
- View changes made by other users on a diagram.
- Approve and apply changes made by other users on a diagram.
- Improve collaboration between users working on a diagram (see section Collaboration).
- Locate duplicate diagrams after you have imported diagrams to your workspace (see section Importing).
Open the diagram comparison tool
You can open the diagram comparison tool in the following components:
- In the explorer, select a diagram or two diagrams you want to compare and click Edit > Compare revisions/diagrams.
- In the BPMN simulation, editor, and QuickModel, click Diagram comparison in the user menu.
- In the activity feed, select a diagram revision from the feed and click Open to Compare.
With the Zoom Slider you can change the size of a diagram. When using the Zoom Slider, both diagrams move simultaneously. You can navigate to different sections of a diagram by holding left-click and moving the diagram.
To use the Zoom Slider on an individual diagram revision, disable the Synchronized Scrolling option.
The comparison view displays all edits made to a diagram in your workspace in the form of revisions. You can view revisions of a diagram in two ways:
Using the revision drop-down menu option.
Using the choose revisions/diagrams option.
Using the revision drop-down menu option
To view different revisions of your diagrams using the Revision drop-down menu, follow these steps:
On the first revision window, select the required revision from the Revision drop-down menu.
On the second revision window, select the required revision from the Revision drop-down menu.
The comparison and revision tool displays the selected revisions for the diagram side by side.
Using the choose revisions/diagrams option
To view different revisions of your diagram using the Choose revisions/diagram option, follow these steps:
On the diagram and revision comparison tool, click Choose revisions/diagrams.
On the Choose revisions/diagrams page, select the diagram and revision version for Diagram A and Diagram B.
Diagram change information
The diagram comparison displays structural and logic differences between diagrams or diagram revisions. Hover over each icon of an element to get more detailed information.
The following table lists all changes:
|New elements : An element has been added to the diagram.|
|Changed attribute : Attributes for the element have been changed.|
|Changes in the Dictionary : A Dictionary entry has been added, removed or changed on this element.|
|Changes in roles : The role the element was assigned to has changed.|
|Deletions : An element has been removed from the diagram.|
At the bottom of the window, you find information about the number of changes for every change category. You can select which changes are shown.
Is this page helpful?