Export to Solution Manager
You can export the following content types from SAP Signavio Process Manager to SAP Solution Manager:
- Sub folders as scenarios
- BPMN diagrams as processes
- Tasks as Process Steps and linked dictionary entries as Process Step Originals
- Custom attributes
Conflicts during import or export can be found in a log output.
The following limitation applies to exporting processes to SAP Solution Manager:
At the moment, visual diagrams cannot be exported from SAP Signavio Process Manager to SAP Solution Manager.
When you export content to SAP Solution Manager for the first time, all selected folders and all objects in these folders are newly created. Later exports update the content and do not create duplicates.
Follow these steps:
- Select the folder you want to export and select Import/Export - Export to SAP® Solution Manager® 7.2 .
The status of the export is shown.
You can't export single diagrams, you always need to export the folder containing the diagram.
A new tab opens.
After a successful export, the selected folders and processes are available in SAP Solution Manager.
Export links to executable transactions to SAP Solution Manager
Executable transactions are not exported to SAP Solution Manager. Instead, links to the transaction definition in Solution Manager are exported with any BPMN task that contains transaction references, either directly or indirectly via reused Process Steps. Changes made in SAP Solution Manager are updated in SAP Signavio Process Manager when the import is triggered again. No new object is created in this case.
Changes to executable transactions on the SAP Signavio Process Manager side are ignored during export. This means that when you create a new Process Step as a dictionary entry linking to an executable transaction, this executable transaction is not recognized in SAP Solution Manager.
You need a custom attribute for the export, for referencing transactions in business processes. We recommend that you create an attribute specifically for this purpose.
How to create custom attributes is described in section Add and manage custom attributes.
To include links to executable transactions in your exports, follow these steps:
Configure a custom attribute of the type Dictionary link (list) for the element type task of BPMN diagrams.
Restrict the attribute to only support dictionary entries of the category you configured for the import of transactions.
Switch to the SAP Solution Manager configuration and open the tab Dictionary Mappings.
In the Export section, select your custom attribute.
Now linked transactions are part of your export.
To start an export, close the configuration tab and switch back to the explorer .
Export Process Steps to the Process Step Library in SAP Solution Manager
Solution Manager requires that every Process Step in a process references a Process Step original from the Process Step Library. For every exported BPMN task, one of the following actions is performed:
- If the task references a Process Step (via an imported dictionary item)
- no new Process Step original is created in Solution Manager. The exported Process Step references the existing Process Step original.
- If the task references a dictionary item that hasn't been imported from the Process Step Library
- A new Process Step original is created in the library and the exported Process Step references it. For all following tasks referencing the same dictionary item, the exported Process Step will reference this Process Step original (this means only one original is created per dictionary item). For subsequent exports, the Process Step original is reused.
- If the task references no dictionary item:
- a new Process Step original is created and the exported Process Step references it. On subsequent exports the Process Step original is reused.
Changing the link of an dictionary item
Removing a link to a dictionary item or linking to a different dictionary item in SAP Signavio Process Manager doesn't adjust the existing link in SAP Solution Manager if the item was exported with a different state before.
If you want to change a link to a dictionary item, follow these steps:
- Delete the task in SAP Signavio Process Manager.
- Create a new task with the new link.
- In SAP Solution Manager, delete the outdated item.
- Export the new item to SAP Solution Manager.
You can't delete SAP Solution Manager items in SAP Signavio Process Manager. Deleted items in SAP Signavio Process Manager are still present in the SAP Solution Manager after an export. To delete an item, for example a model, a directory, or an attribute, you must delete it on the SAP Solution Manager side.