Administrators manage workspace settings and user access. They also make sure that even with many users, the workspace remains well structured and clean.
The first user registering for a Signavio workspace is by default an administrator.
As administrators have extensive rights and can make profound changes to your Signavio workspace, we recommend IT-skilled users familiar with the Signavio software and BPMN should be in charge. It is important to communicate and document changes in workspace settings among your administrative team, so that all administrators are up to date and can give accurate responses to user queries.
The 'Setup' menu in a user account
The 'Setup' menu in an administrator's account in the Enterprise Edition
To add or remove administrator permissions, add or remove the user to or from the user group Administrators. You can follow the instructions in the section Manage users and groups (new Signavio edition) or Managing users and access rights (classic Signavio edition).
An administrator has the following special privileges:
- Managing users and access rights
- Configure general software settings
- Configuring language settings for all users
- Configuring Collaboration Hub
- Managing approval workflows
- Managing notations, attributes and the dictionary configuration
- Importing/exporting diagrams and uploading files
- Embedding Signavio diagrams in 3rd-party systems
- Integrating Signavio Process Manager with Workflow Accelerator
- Signavio Process Manager for SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Purchasing additional licenses
If you use the classic Signavio edition, the administrator can also integrate Collaboration Hub into Microsoft SharePoint. Read more in section Integrate Collaboration Hub in a Microsoft SharePoint installation.
To get started as a Signavio workspace administrator, have a look at our tutorial Preparing your Process Manager workspace - overview. You find an overview of the most popular integration scenarios at System integration scenarios. A description of the Process Manager APIs is available at API access to the Signavio Process Manager. You can also refer to our Frequently asked questions.
Is this page helpful?